Unified Physician Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Tax- Headquarters
at Unified Physician Management
The Director of Tax is a new role recognizing the past and future growth of the company. The Director of Tax will be responsible for both tax compliance and tax accounting to include, preparing complex tax returns and schedules and all reports to taxing and other authorities, researching tax issues, preparing annual provision workpapers, as well as maintaining tax calendars and due date listings. The Director of Tax will be responsible for establishing and building the tax function, streamline processes for tax compliance and processing timely quarterly estimated payments and distributions. The role will collaborate with Operations and Development teams on all tax matters related to current and planned business activities and acquisitions. The role is located in UPM’s headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida.
The Director of Tax will first and foremost be passionate about UPM’s mission. He/she will be hardworking, demonstrate the values of the company and build / sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels within the organization. The successful candidate will be persuasive, authentic and transparent and will demonstrate a high level of professional and personal credibility.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Tax compliance, handling all tax filings and research for the Company, including its Subsidiaries and practices
- Manage and review all federal, state and local income tax filings that are required to be filed
- Serve as a subject matter expert on accounting for income taxes to ensure compliance
- Lead tax projects utilizing both internal and external resources
- Processes quarterly estimated payments, extensions and distributions
- Manage the preparation of K-1’s
- Manage the 1099 filing process
- Responsible for real and personal property tax obligations, reporting and compliance for all states
- Research and implement new accounting pronouncements relevant to tax accounting
- Manage communications with membership, FP&A, outside tax consultants, and external auditors on emerging tax accounting issues
- Maintain tax basis of assets/liabilities and the related annual tax account reconciliation to income tax accounts on the balance sheet
- Develop monthly management reporting that communicates open issues that drives education and transparency for operations leaders and senior management of UPM.
- Support annual Budgeting and periodic Forecasting of tax and tax distributions
- Support the annual audit of UPM’s financial statements in the area of tax
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- A CPA or an advanced degree (Master’s in taxation or other relevant master’s degree) is a plus.
- Relevant tax experience working with both Corporations and Partnerships in a mid-large organization (10+ years) or in the Tax Department of a Public Accounting Firm or Tax firm.
- Experience working in multi-state entities, ideally with acquisition experience and/ or Healthcare experience.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service approach, and low-ego.
- He / she will also be collaborative and bring maturity, humility, integrity, and leadership to the role.