United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BI-LINGUAL Insurance Verification/Patient Check In PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
BI-LINGUAL SKILLS ARE A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION. THE HOURS FOR THIS POSITION CHANGE DAILY. THE HOURS MAY START AS EARLY AS 5:45 AM UNTIL 2:00 PM OR 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM ON OTHER DAYS. THE SCHEDULE FLUCTUATES DAILY.
Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for covering any aspect of the business office necessary. Many duties includes scheduling, insurance verification, financial counseling, patient calls and chart building.
Successful candidate will possess outstanding multi tasking abilities, communication and teamwork as well as the ability to keep up in a fast paced working environment. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous successful/positive customer service encounters or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies insurance prior to patient''s arrival, to include "Add On''s and Direct Admits"
- Obtains pre-certification from insurance companies for procedures that require pre-certification.
- Requests office notes from referring physician if needed for Authorization.
- Calculating and Informing patients of amount due
- Communicating with the Dr. office''s
- Ensures all required forms are placed in designated areas of the patients chart
- Daily preparation of charts for next day''s surgeries within required deadline (NO LESS than 3 days prior to surgery, for all cases scheduled four days or more in advance of surgery date)
- Preparation of medical consents for each chart prepared
- Labeling necessary documents and adding physician orders
- Out-bound collection calls to patients regarding their medical invoice/bill answering questions and setting up payment/payment plans.
- Utilization of various collection strategies and methodologies to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Knowledge of health care financing and Medical Collections preferred.
- Other duties as assigned
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2-4 years of hospital or medical office experience required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
- Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
- Show a genuine desire to work and improve the hospital as a whole.
- Extreme multi- tasker
- Strong medical terminology.
- Must demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and exceptional customer service skills.
2+ Years in Medical Office or Surgical Center Experience