VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medicare/Medicaid Collections Coordinator 2
at VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
- Job ID
- Program Posting
- Miramar - Corporate
- Regular / Temp
- Regular Full-Time
- Min. Exp.(Yrs)
- Zip Code
- Official Job Title
- Medicare/Medicaid Collections Coordinator 2
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Medicare/Medicaid Collections Coordinator is responsible for the timely billing and collection of Medicare and Medicaid claims.
- Enter admission and claims information into system.
- Review Medicare accounts for necessary information required.
- Respond to technical help letters.
- Review and make all necessary corrections and adjustment to claims.
- Review Medicaid admissions daily for eligibility and third party payer information.
- Review Medicaid Pending Report on a regular basis and perform any necessary follow up.
- Prepare accurate billings and submit to the appropriate state Medicaid System using electronic claims submissions when possible.
- Contact teams and medical records to obtain information as needed.
- Analyze and maintain required documentation for prompt and accurate billing and collection
- Review Billing and Collections reports for unbilled claims and bill as appropriate.
- Communicate with appropriate state agency, as needed.
- Perform timely account follow up activity and review and correct claims that have been denied or suspended on weekly Medicaid Remittance.
- Review and make all necessary corrections and adjustments to billing including posting applied income amounts and changing financial class when appropriate.
- Review Aged Trial Balance Report (ATB) on a regular basis to monitor collection progress and locate any possible problem areas.
- Work with Hospices to obtain Medicaid Numbers for patients that are in any Medicaid Pending category.
- Recommend and forward uncollectible accounts to your supervisor for final review.
- Assist department management as needed.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Three to five years prior office experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Good math, typing and communication skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Special Instructions to Candidates