Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Assistant Project Manager
at Walsh Group
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Experienced - Full-Time
Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager at our I-95 3C heavy civil project located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Does the idea of working on large, well-known projects bring out the best in you? Do you expect high quality—and high quantity—work from yourself and others? Are you an up-and-coming Project Engineer who always wants to do more and do better? If so, we’ve got what you’re looking for.
The Walsh Group is a family of companies united by a shared dedication to deliver exceptional service, standards and safety. Our Assistant Project Managers share and collect helpful resources and share information broadly across work teams. Are you always on the hunt for better ways of doing things? Do you soak up information so you can make better decisions? Walsh Assistant Project Managers are certainly confident enough to take necessary risks, but they always approach such risks carefully and cautiously.
Are you someone who trusts your instincts and has confidence in your ability to grow as a leader? When you see potential in others, do you invest in it? The Walsh Group began as a small carpentry business and has grown over four generations of family ownership to be a multi-billion dollar contracting company. We’re looking for Assistant Project Managers that want to grow and develop themselves into continually more impactful roles.
Are you a Project Engineer that is ready to make a change for the better? Are you someone who can go with the flow of change, but also has the capacity to eventually control and lead it? Walsh is looking for goal oriented Assistant Project Managers with a sense of direction. Someone who is diligent and can help prioritize which tasks need to be accomplished first.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. If you have what it takes, welcome to the family.
The Assistant Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Project planning, scheduling and coordination
- Safety and quality control management
- Accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Change order management
- Managing critical subcontractors
- Manage Project Engineers
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material delivery and contract administration
- Maintain vehicle, equipment, and tools management
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent
- 3 - 6 years of experience
- Prioritize, develop, and maintain project schedules
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Strong follow up
- Ability to establish relationships and lead people
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran