Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Director of Research
at Zimmerman Advertising
The VP/Research Director’s role is to develop, conduct, analyze and present findings of primary and secondary research to determine the attitudes and interests of consumers to help produce effective business, marketing and advertising strategies and tactics. Acting as the voice of the consumer within an agency, the strategy department uses research data to identify ideal audiences and optimum methods of communication. They combine market data, qualitative research and product knowledge within a core proposition to enable the creative team to produce advertising ideas that resolve defined business problems. Further, the VP/Director of Research works closely with the strategist and account services team to build relationships with clients and recommend research for Zimmerman accounts and new business to drive business results. The VP/Research Director is selected and placed into the position by the Chief Strategy Officer. the VP/Research Director runs our research arm, working under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Plans/schedules/arranges own activities. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems.
- Execute quantitative and qualitative research utilizing traditional and heretical methodologies, including (but not limited to): Hijacks, In-Depth Interviews, Focus Groups, Segmentation Studies, Brand Tracking Studies, and other Custom Research Studies.
- Work in partnership with the CSO to develop new business and promotional materials, including web site, RFQ responses, proposals, presentations and the like.
- Increase profitability for new and existing clients. Grow the division and develop a business plan.
- Propose and budget appropriate methodologies to gain information around specific marketing, business, advertising, consumer challenges.
- Promote Zimmerman’s research capabilities internally and externally, including participation in conferences and events, new business meetings and the like.
- Conduct secondary research and trend analyses.
- Routinely package and present findings internally and externally.
- Capture audio and video as part of the research process and edit for inclusion in reports, presentations.
- Moderate and facilitate consumer and client sessions as needed.
- Develop and manage team of research associates.
- Routinely and expertly use PowerPoint, Keynote, and Excel.
- Routinely and expertly use syndicated resources and research tools, including Mintel, Simmons, and Decipher.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, statistics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, communications, or other social science; combined with strong experience in research and study design.
- 7-10 years research experience (both qualitative and quantitative) required.
- Experience working within an advertising agency, market research supplier, consulting or retail environment preferred.
- Experience working with syndicated resources and research tools, with ability to become proficient with Mintel, Simmons, and Decipher among others
- Experience working with office software with ability to become proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote, and Excel.
- Must be able to travel as necessary
- Must be able to cover all costs associated with travel, to be reimbursed by the company in accordance with the company expense reimbursement policy
- Energetic, creative, and keen attention to detail.